Friday, March 11, 2016

Tokyo Trip: The Arrival and View from Tokyo Tower.

Day 1, Part 1
(Austin)

    During winter break, Elijah and I traveled to Tokyo. We left early from Osaka KIX airport and flew to Tokyo Narita airport on Monday December 28, 2015.

    After arriving, we had a train ride that was a little over an hour to actually get into the more main part of Tokyo. Tokyo is a huge city, the largest in the world. Honestly, it is so big that it isn't really a city. It is comprised of MANY cities and neighborhoods, but they all make one freeflowing Tokyo.
The train we were on was taking us towards Tokyo tower (after a few transfers). Tokyo tower originally was the tallest tower in Tokyo and the best place to see the skyline. It has been overtaken by Tokyo Skytree, but I still wanted to go because I've seen so much about it.

    On our way there I took a few shots of the outside of a temple. Sadly I didn't taken many photos of the actual temple, but trust me, it was huge. However, when seen from the top of Tokyo tower (which you can see in some of the pictures) it looks absolutely tiny.

    So we went up into Tokyo tower and I got a bunch of pictures of the surrounding area. As I said before, Tokyo is seriously immense. Eve from the top of the tower you cannot see where the city ends (besides the side that borders the ocean). It feels like Tokyo just goes on and on forever.
After finishing, we went down the elevator and exited the tower. We found a crepe shop right outside the tower so we got crepes "for dinner". (Later we got food from a bakery for dinner). The crepes were absolutely delicious; first time I had ever had a crepe before. Mine had strawberries, chocolate, cheese cake and vanilla icecream all wrapped up in the crepe wrapping. Delicious. Sadly, I didn't get pictures of the crepes.

We decided to head to the hotel...
...which will be in part 2!


No comments:

Post a Comment