Monday, November 16, 2015

Halloween Weekend, Part 2 - Trip to Nippon Bashi

(Austin) On Saturday, Halloween day, Elijah, Georgia, Yusaku, Nygel and I met up at Hirakatashi Station. We had lunch at a nearby Mos Burger. They specialize in Rice Burgers, but I had a normal burger instead.

After lunch, we said goodbye to Nygel who was going to the second day of the Kansai Gaidai festival. Elijah, Georgia, Yusaku and I departed for a place in Osaka called Nippon Bashi. There are 2 big meccas of Anime and Manga stuff in Japan. The most famous and largest one is Akihabara in Tokyo (We will be going in December). Nippon Bashi is the west side of Japan's version of Akihabara; "Akiba in the East, 'Ponbashi in the West"
It is smaller than Akihabara, but still lots of fun...and money consuming :0

A map of Nippon Bashi


We took 2 trains and some walking to actually get to Nippon Bashi. Wasn't that bad though. We immediately started going into different stores, taking pictures....and buying stuff.

We went into a LOT of shops. We spent atleast 8 hours in this place and there was still more to see.
However, there was one store in particular that sold wallscrolls of original art pieces. If you don't know what an wallscroll is, I'll post an example of two that I bought.  Anyways, this store was amazing. Every art piece was an original, meaning it wasn't a derivative of a pre-existing anime or manga. In a place like this, that was simply amazing. And expensive. Upstairs in the same building we found that actually -original- art pieces that were the originals for the wallscrolls. These pieces were anywhere from 1500$ to 5000$. I wanted them. Badly.

At around 6pm, Yusaku and Georgia bid us goodbye and they headed home. Elijah and I, however, stayed much longer. We visited shops until it was super dark, our feet hurt and we were starving, so we decided that we had spent enough money in the shops to last until December and headed back to Hirakatashi.

Once again, we ate at our favorite restaurant, Takebashi Ramen. Seriously, this place is great.

If you don't care about anime/manga merchandise, then you can stop here.

Here are the pictures I took in Nippon Bashi.

This is a weapon called a Dominator from the show Psycho Pass.

This was super cheap and cute, might go back and get it if I watch the series.

Perfume and Cologne based on the characters from Durarara
This is really weird to me..

Big mouse pad based on Durarara characters

Folder based on Durarara characters

Another folder based on Durarara characters. 

Oh hey look, -another- Durarara folder.
I think I might go back and buy this one, it is pretty cool.

This is a small type of figured called a Nendoroid (nen-doe-roid). Short name: Nendo.
More information is available on the wikipedia article
This nendo is of a character named Chitoge Kirasaki from the popular manga/anime Nisekoi.

This is a nendo featuring Kosaki Onodera from Nisekoi.

These are characters from the anime called Attack on Titan.
This is a pretty recent anime, airing summer 2013. It took the anime community by storm.

The outfit she is wearing is called a Yukata, a traditional style of Japanese dress usually warn to festivals.

She is also wearing a Yukata.

I took a picture of this just to show a bunch of different character figures.
There are a TON of shows here.

Upstairs in one of the buildings that we were in had this huge model tank.
It is bigger than like 3 of my heads, easy. I would have taken more pictures of the other models like this but I saw they had a "do not take pictures sign"


The following are things that I bought.

This the wallscroll that I bought. It is intensely color and I really like it.

This is the wallscroll that Elijah and I bought together. Great for halloween!

Of course no trip to a place like NipponBashi would be complete without buying buttons and pins!

...and here they are on my bad. I -might- have a problem :p

This is a folder of Hastune Miku (foreground) and MIEKO (background).
They are stylized as Senbonzakura (千本桜) which means "One Thousand Blooming Sakuras"
The video which these outfits are based upon is here: Video

This is a small horizontal poster containing many of my favorite vocaloids.

This is another small horizontal poster with the same vocaloids, stylized different.
I don't really like this one as much, but it came from a random drawling so oh well.

T-shirt with Hastune Miku on it. Not sure if it is for me or someone else. *Shrug*

This is a nendo of Senbonzakura Hastune Miku. 
Really good nendo actually.


Okay friends, that is all for part 2. Part 3 will be out soon to describe our trip -back- to Osaka on Sunday to the FLOW concert.

No comments:

Post a Comment